Youth Basketball League Safety Protocols
In accordance with Illinois state guidelines our Youth Basketball League will take all of the
necessary precautions to keep children, coaches, and staff safe:
FACE MASKS: Face masks must be worn at all times.
SOCIAL DISTANCING: Social distancing will be required when not engaging in play.
SANITATION: Every child will be required to use hand sanitizer before practices & games.
HYDRATION: Children must bring and use their own water bottles.
EQUIPMENT: Basketballs & equipment will be sanitized before & after each practice & game.
SPECTATORS: Spectators will not be allowed at practice or games.
- Reduced league capacity to 50%.
- Practices limited to 1 team per hour.
- Game schedules will be modified to maximize safety.
The Community House
Youth Basketball League
If your 1st- through 3rd-grade boy or girl is interested in playing basketball against other area players, and you don’t want the hassle of traveling to a different location for every game, then this program is ideal for your family! Participants learn fundamental skills through weekly practice and games, and they receive a team t-shirt. All games are coached by adult volunteers and staffed by referees and timekeepers.
1st Grade League
2nd Grade League
3rd Grade League
Equipment usage and rules vary by age:
- 1st-graders: youth-size basketballs and eight-foot rims
- 2nd-graders: youth-size basketballs and nine-foot rims
- 3rd-graders: youth-size basketballs, nine-foot rims, full-court play and scorekeeping
What you need to know about this league:
- Teams are generally established according to school.
- Each team practices for one hour during the week, with a time slot between 5 pm and 8 pm. There are two weeks of practice before the first game.
- Games will be held on weekends. Time, assigned at a later date, will be sometime between 10:00 AM and 6:00 PM (typically 10am and 11 AM 1st grade; 12 PM, 1 PM, and 2 PM 2nd grade; 3 PM, 4 PM and 5 PM 3rd grade).
- All team information (roster, practice time, game time, coach, etc.) will be available on or before December 11, 2020, at quickscores.com/wch.
- Eearly Bird Registration Deadline: November 30, 2020
- League Start Date: January 4, 2021
Calling All Volunteer Adult Coaches
Are you a basketball enthusiast interested in passing on your skills and knowledge of the game? Community House Winnetka is looking for adult volunteers to coach 1st- through 3rd-graders enrolled in our Youth Basketball League. Sign up to be a volunteer coach at quickscores.com/wch
A coaches meeting will be held on TBD.
Our basketball programs teach children the fundamentals of basketball in a fun, exciting, and generally non-competitive environment. The goal is to encourage a love of the game, foster teamwork, and provide a healthy physical activity for children of all ages.
Hoops4Health House League Basketball Clinics
Hoops4Health will be offering a unique blend of fundamental drills mixed with scrimmage games in a fun atmosphere that will be sure to keep your child excited about learning and participating in their favorite sport. All individual and team skills will be introduced with a stress on dribbling and ball handling. Prepare for the upcoming season by building your confidence with the Hoops4Health staff.
Day Day Time
Monday Oct 26 - Dec 14 4:45 - 5:45 PM
Day Day Time
Weds Oct 28 - Dec 16 3:45 - 4:45 PM
Day Day Time
Weds Oct 28 - Dec 16 4:45 - 5:45 PM