The 2022 Youth Basketball League!
Welcome to the 2022 Youth Basketball League!
If you have a first through third-grade boy or girl interested in playing basketball against other area players without the hassle of traveling to a different location for every game, this program is for them. Participants will learn fundamental skills through weekly practice and games. Adult volunteers coach all teams. First and Second-grade games will have youth size basketballs and eight-foot basketball rims. Third-grade games will have youth-size basketballs, 9-foot basketball rims, full-court play, and a score will be kept. All games will have staff referees and timekeepers. All participants will receive a team t-shirt and commemorative basketball. A coaches' meeting will be held on December 6th, 2021.
Get a head start on the Community HouseYouth Basketball League!
Hoops4Health will be offering a unique blend of fundamental drills mixed with scrimmage games in a fun atmosphere that will be sure to keep your child excited about learning and participating in their favorite sport. All individual and team skills will be introduced with a focus on dribbling and ball handling. Prepare for the upcoming season by building your confidence with the Hoops4Health staff.
Grades: 1st -3rd
- Click here to enroll in Monday 10/25 3:45 PM
- Click here to enroll in Monday 10/25 4:45 PM
- Click here to enroll in Wednesday 10/27 3:45 PM
- Click here to enroll Wednesday 10/27 4:45 PM
Our basketball programs teach children the fundamentals of basketball in a fun, exciting, and generally non-competitive environment. The goal is to encourage a love of the game, foster teamwork, and provide healthy physical activity for children of all ages.
1. Teams will be established according to the school (Crow Island, Greeley, Hubbard Woods, Sacred Heart, Faith Hope, North Shore Country Day, and more); there will be no evaluation. When filling out your registration form please remember to insert your child/children’s school. Otherwise, placement on a particular school team cannot be guaranteed. If there are more than 10 children from a school, multiple teams will be formed. If there are too few children from any one school, children will be placed on a team according to the village of residence. Due to the number of children in this program, friend requests will not be taken.
2. Each team will have a 45-minute practice during the week (M-F) between 5:00 pm and 7:15 pm, with priority given to first grade teams for earlier times. Coaches choose their team’s specific time by lottery in early December. There will be two weeks of practice before the first game.
3. Games will be held on Saturdays between 10:00 am and 6:00 pm. The specific game schedule will be created in early December; typically 1st graders play between 10 am and 12 pm, 2nd graders play between 12 pm and 3 pm, and 3rd graders play between 3 pm and 5 pm.
4. All team information (roster, practice time, game time, coach, etc.) will be available on or before December 10, 2021, at www.quickscores.com/wch.